- Ticket Office Policies
Ticket Office Policies
The Des Moines Civic Center Ticket Office is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and located on the corner of Third and Walnut Streets. It's easy to purchase tickets to events at the Des Moines Civic Center, Temple Theater or Stoner Theater.
Take a moment to look through our ticket office policies listed below.
Please call (515) 246-2300 if you're having trouble finding the information you're looking for.
Civic Center Ticket Office Hours
221 Walnut St.
Des Moines, IA 50309
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Visit www.DesMoinesPerformingArts.org or the Civic Center Ticket Office. The Civic Center Ticket Office is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and two hours before performances. For general questions, call the Civic Center Ticket Office at 515-246-2300.
- View our guidelines for Safe Ticket Buying
Des Moines Performing Arts, its Ticket Offices (Civic Center and Temple Theater) and website are the only authorized distributors of tickets for Des Moines Performing Arts performances. While tickets purchased through secondary marketplaces and ticket resellers are generally valid tickets, Des Moines Performing Arts cannot guarantee their authenticity or admission. Please use discretion if you decide to purchase tickets through a ticket reseller.
- All ticket sales are final. There are no refunds.
- There is no compensation if you miss a performance or cannot attend a future performance.
- Prices, dates, times, performers, and performances are subject to change at any time. Such changes do not dictate a refund or exchange unless authorized by the producer, promoter, or Des Moines Performing Arts.
- All ticket sales are final. Special promotions and ticket offers are valid on new ticket purchases only. They are not valid on previously purchased tickets and there are no price adjustments after a sale.
- Inclement weather happens and the safety of our guests is our top priority. However, performances are rarely cancelled due to weather. If you are concerned about attending a performance due to inclement weather, please call the Civic Center Ticket Office at 515-246-2300.
- Des Moines Performing Arts Donors and Season Ticket Holders are able to exchange their tickets to another performance of the same title up to 24 hours in advance of the original tickets. If the new ticket is more expensive than the original, the guest is responsible for the difference. There is no refund if the Donor or Season Ticket Holder exchanges into a less expensive ticket.
- There are no exchanges allowed on tickets purchased through the corporate online group / e-tickets program, regardless of donation or subscriber status.
- There are no exchanges allowed on complimentary tickets.
- If you are not a Des Moines Performing Arts Donor or Season Ticket Holder, all ticket sales are final with no refunds or exchanges. Call the Civic Center Ticket Office with questions on becoming a Donor and the other benefits that come with supporting Des Moines Performing Arts.
- Willis Broadway Series Season Ticket Holders can move tickets from two productions in the Willis Broadway Series Season Ticket Package to any Broadway Package Add-on production or any Des Moines Performing Arts presentation in the Dance, Temple Comedy or Live at the Temple Concert Series. Additional costs and restrictions may apply.
- Dance, Temple Comedy, or Live at the Temple Concert Series Season Ticket Holders can move tickets from one production in their existing Season Ticket Package to any Des Moines Performing Arts presentation in the Willis Broadway Series, Dance, Temple Comedy or Live at the Temple Concert Series. Additional costs and restrictions may apply.
- Ticket substitutions must be made 24-hours prior to the opening performance of the engagement you are substituting out of.
- DMPA does not support the reselling of tickets in excess of the face value through any means. Account holders who violate this policy may be subject to revocation of their account holder status and tickets. DMPA, at its sole discretion, shall be entitled to implement a ticket purchase limit per person or account holder, per credit card or otherwise. In the event that an account holder purchases more than the specified limit, DMPA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right (with or without notice) to revoke tickets and issue refunds for sales in excess of the designated limit.
- Children age five and above are welcome to attend performances at Des Moines Performing Arts’ venues. Des Moines Performing Arts does not censor performances nor make any guarantees of show content. We encourage parents to use their discretion when deciding if a show is appropriate for their child. Regardless of age, all children require a ticket.
- Children under the age of five are welcome to attend the Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Family Series performances and some special presentations. Regardless of age, all children and infants require a ticket. Please call the Civic Center Ticket Office to ask if children under the age of five will be admitted into the theater before purchasing tickets to a performance. You can also visit the event page on www.DesMoinesPerformingArts.org for information, including age recommendations, about the event.
- If you have lost or have forgotten your tickets, a seating pass can be issued and made available for you to pick up on the day of the performance. Please call or visit the Civic Center Ticket Office if you have lost your ticket(s).
- All tickets, regardless of purchase location, include a restoration fee retained by Des Moines Performing Arts for general maintenance and upkeep of its venues.
- Tickets purchased online or over the phone are subject to per ticket convenience fees. Fees vary by performance and ticket price. Tickets purchased at the Civic Center and Temple Ticket Offices are not subject to per ticket convenience fees.
- Season Ticket Packages are subject to per package handling fees, regardless of purchase location. Handling fees vary by series subscription.
- Student rush tickets are available on the day of the show for select performances. Tickets, prices, and performances are subject to availability and may change at any time. Ticket limits may apply. Student rush tickets, when available, can be purchased at the Civic Center Ticket Office only and require a student ID.
- Des Moines Performing Arts gift certificates are available for purchase at the Civic Center Ticket Office, over the phone at 515-246-2300 or online.
- Gift certificates can be used to purchase any tickets or season ticket packages to events at any Des Moines Performing Arts venue; they may also be redeemed as donations to Des Moines Performing Arts. Gift certificates are not valid at concessions or merchandise booths.
- Des Moines Performing Arts gift certificates do not expire.
- Des Moines Performing Arts strives to make every accommodation possible available to guests needing accessible seating. Seating is limited and we encourage guests to make arrangements in advance. For a full list of accessibility accommodations, please click here.