- Ticket Office Policies
Ticket Office Policies
Take a moment to look through our ticket office policies listed below.
Please call (515) 246-2300 if you're having trouble finding the information you're looking for.
Civic Center Ticket Office Hours
221 Walnut St.
Des Moines, IA 50309
Ticket Office Hours:
Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We announced new health policies for audiences attending indoor events in advance of live performances returning to the organization’s venues. Beginning September 25 and continuing for the foreseeable future, all guests planning to attend a performance inside a DMPA venue must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or the results of a negative COVID-19 test. Additionally, all audience members must wear a mask at all times inside a DMPA venue unless enjoying refreshments within DMPA’s designated areas.
Guests over 18 years of age will also be required to present a corresponding government issued photo ID.
Ticket holders are encouraged to visit our COVID-19 information page for more details regarding these policies. We will regularly review and update its audience policies.
DMPA’s highest priority is our guests’ safety. Please allow extra time for arrival as each guest will be subject to security screenings and all bags will be checked. The following items will not be permitted in the venue:
- Alcohol, drugs, illegal substances or any paraphernalia associated with drug use
- Audio/Video recorders, professional cameras, tripods
- Cans, bottles (including water), coolers, or other similar containers
- Weapons of any type, including chains, knives, spiked jewelry and firearms (excluding law enforcement officers)
- Pepper spray/mace/other chemicals
- Duffel bags, backpacks or other oversized bags
- Noisemakers such as air horns
- Laser pens/pointers of any type
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by the event/building management team
Inclement weather, especially during the winter/spring season, is part of our Iowa lifestyle - it can sometimes cause a few challenges! As they say in show business, “The show must go on!” Generally, performances will not be canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions and ticket refunds will not be available. In rare instances when a show is canceled due to weather, information will be posted on our website and ticket holders for that specific performance will be notified.
- Visit www.DesMoinesPerformingArts.org or the Civic Center Ticket Office. The Civic Center Ticket Office is open Monday-Friday, 10am - 5pm and two hours before performances. For general questions, call the Civic Center Ticket Office at 515-246-2300.
- View our guidelines for Safe Ticket Buying
Des Moines Performing Arts, its Ticket Offices (Civic Center and Temple Theater) and website are the only authorized distributors of tickets for Des Moines Performing Arts performances. While tickets purchased through secondary marketplaces and ticket resellers are generally valid tickets, Des Moines Performing Arts cannot guarantee their authenticity or admission. Please use discretion if you decide to purchase tickets through a ticket reseller.
- All ticket sales are final. There are no refunds.
- There is no compensation if you miss a performance or cannot attend a future performance.
- Prices, dates, times, performers, and performances are subject to change at any time. Such changes do not dictate a refund or exchange unless authorized by the producer, promoter, or Des Moines Performing Arts.
- All ticket sales are final. Special promotions and ticket offers are valid on new ticket purchases only. They are not valid on previously purchased tickets and there are no price adjustments after a sale.
- Inclement weather happens and the safety of our guests is our top priority. However, performances are rarely cancelled due to weather. If you are concerned about attending a performance due to inclement weather, please call the Civic Center Ticket Office at 515-246-2300.
Exchanges (Available for a performance within the same engagement)
- Select tickets for Des Moines Performing Arts performances are exchangeable for tickets to another performance of the same title up to 24 hours in advance of the original tickets.
- If the new ticket is more expensive than the original, the guest is responsible for the difference. Refunds are not available if the new ticket is less expensive than the original. A $10 per ticket exchange fee will apply. Fee free exchanges are available to Des Moines Performing Arts Donors and Season Ticket Holders.
- Exchanges are not available for discounted/promotional tickets, group tickets, corporate online e-tickets or tickets purchased during a presale.
- There are no exchanges allowed on complimentary tickets.
Substitutions (Available for DMPA Season Tickets)
- Willis Broadway Series Season Ticket Holders can move tickets from two productions in the Willis Broadway Series Season Ticket Package to any Broadway Package Add-on production or any Des Moines Performing Arts presentation in the Dance, Temple Comedy or Live at the Temple Concert Series. Additional costs and restrictions may apply.
- Dance, Temple Comedy, or Live at the Temple Concert Series Season Ticket Holders can move tickets from one production in their existing Season Ticket Package to any Des Moines Performing Arts presentation in the Willis Broadway Series, Dance, Temple Comedy or Live at the Temple Concert Series. Additional costs and restrictions may apply.
- Ticket substitutions must be made 24-hours prior to the opening performance of the engagement you are substituting out of.
Photo ID matching the account name is required to pick up tickets from will call.
DMPA Is excited to offer an option to split up your Season Ticket and/or donation orders into monthly payments or split your order into two payments with our convenient payment plans. Just select the payment option that’s right for you when placing your order.
In order for tickets to be distributed and valid, all payment plan payments must be timely made by the guest. For all payment plans, if a credit card payment is declined, our guest will be contacted once by telephone and once via email. Within five business days from the date the credit card payment is declined, the guest must provide updated credit card information to DMPA and pay the amount of the declined payment. If a payment is not received within five business days, the guest will be contacted once by telephone and once via email and be required to pay in full the remaining balance due under the payment plan. If full payment is not received by DMPA on or before the expiration of fifteen business days from the date the credit card payment is declined, the payment plan will be cancelled and a refund of the unused ticket amount will be issued to the guest and all remaining tickets will be voided. Should a guest have two declined payments in one season, the guest forfeits the option to utilize a payment plan for future ticket purchases.
- DMPA does not support the reselling of tickets in excess of the face value through any means. Account holders who violate this policy may be subject to revocation of their account holder status and tickets. DMPA, at its sole discretion, shall be entitled to implement a ticket purchase limit per person or account holder, per credit card or otherwise. In the event that an account holder purchases more than the specified limit, DMPA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right (with or without notice) to revoke tickets and issue refunds for sales in excess of the designated limit.
- Children age five and above are welcome to attend performances at Des Moines Performing Arts’ venues. Des Moines Performing Arts does not censor performances nor make any guarantees of show content. We encourage parents to use their discretion when deciding if a show is appropriate for their child. Regardless of age, all children require a ticket.
- Children under the age of five are welcome to attend the Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Family Series performances and some special presentations. Regardless of age, all children and infants require a ticket. Please call the Civic Center Ticket Office to ask if children under the age of five will be admitted into the theater before purchasing tickets to a performance. You can also visit the event page on www.DesMoinesPerformingArts.org for information, including age recommendations, about the event.
- If you have lost or have forgotten your tickets, reissued tickets will be available to you on the night of the performance at the ticket window. Only tickets purchased directly through Des Moines Performing Arts may be reissued. Click here for more information on safe ticket buying.
- All tickets, regardless of purchase location, include a restoration fee retained by Des Moines Performing Arts for general maintenance and upkeep of its venues.
- Tickets purchased online or over the phone are subject to per ticket convenience fees. Fees vary by performance and ticket price. Tickets purchased at the Civic Center and Temple Ticket Offices are not subject to per ticket convenience fees.
- Season Ticket Packages are subject to per package handling fees, regardless of purchase location. Handling fees vary by series subscription.
- Student rush tickets are available on the day of the show for select performances. Tickets, prices, and performances are subject to availability and may change at any time. Ticket limits may apply. Student rush tickets, when available, can be purchased at the Civic Center Ticket Office only and require a student ID.
- Des Moines Performing Arts gift certificates are available for purchase at the Civic Center Ticket Office, over the phone at 515-246-2300 or online.
- Gift certificates can be used to purchase any tickets or season ticket packages to events at any Des Moines Performing Arts venue; they may also be redeemed as donations to Des Moines Performing Arts. Gift certificates are not valid at concessions or merchandise booths.
- Des Moines Performing Arts gift certificates do not expire.
- Des Moines Performing Arts strives to make every accommodation possible available to guests needing accessible seating. Seating is limited and we encourage guests to make arrangements in advance. For a full list of accessibility accommodations, please click here.