Iowa High School Musical Theater Awards
The Impact Award is a student-nominated award presented to an adult who leads and/or supports their school’s productions. This award provides an avenue to recognize educators or community members, such as parent volunteers, that go above and beyond to support the high school musical experience.
To be considered, a current student or group of students must complete the nomination process online. If submitting a nomination as a group of students, please identify one student to serve as the primary contact for the nomination. All nominations must be completed and received by March 31, 2018.
The nomination process consists of the following components:
- 1-2 page essay written by the nominating student describing how the nominee goes above and beyond to make a positive impact on students’ experience in their high school musical.
- Written testimonials from three to six individuals who have worked directly with the nominee on one or more school musical production. Testimonials may come from but are not limited to:
- Current high school students
- Alumni of the school’s drama program
- Production Staff (Director, Music Director, Choreographer, Costumer, etc.)
- Other adults that work on productions with this mentor (school employees and community members are acceptable)
- School Administrators
Each testimonial should be no more than 300 words.
Nominations should be submitted online: IMPACT AWARD NOMINATION FORM
(Please note, the nomination form asks for the nominee’s years of service at the school, the nominee’s role in the school musical, and whether they are a school staff member, a contracted adult, or a volunteer.)
WAITRESS: "Acting a Song" Workshop
Friday, December 8, 2017 | 4-5:30 PM
Des Moines Civic Center
Iowa High School Musical Theater Awards drama programs are invited to an "Acting a Song" workshop connected to WAITRESS at the Des Moines Civic Center on Friday, December 8, 2017 from 4 – 5:30 PM. This workshop will be taught by a cast member from the show. A select number of students will receive coaching on a musical theater song and all students will have the chance to learn from observing the workshop.
Please see your musical director if you are interested in participating! The registration deadline is Monday, December 4, 2017 at 5 PM.