Musical Theater Camp Supervisor - Seasonal
MUSICAL THEATER CAMP SUPERVISOR – SEASONAL
Des Moines Performing Arts seeks a dynamic theater educator with proven team leadership skills to supervise its popular series of summer, musical theater-based performance camps for young artists in grades 3-8.
The Musical Theater Camp Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Fostering a sense of welcome, care, and learning for all camp participants
- Providing leadership support to faculty, teaching interns, and high school-aged volunteers through daily team meetings and coaching as needed
- Monitoring progress of all aspects of camp, overseeing daily logistics to keep rehearsals, workshops, and transitions running smoothly
- Assisting Camp Coordinator with planning and team training
- Liaising with costumer, set designers, and theater technicians as needed
- Responding to parent questions and concerns
- Overseeing room and material set ups
- Ensuring all first aid and safety protocols are followed
- Creating a safe and supportive atmosphere for participants to explore, grow, and create
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Theater, Directing, or Acting
- Previous experience in theater education and/or event management
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Previous experience teaching youth
- Excellent communication, organizational, and facilitation skills
This position requires flexible, part-time hours in beginning April 2020 (could be done remotely) with on-site hours beginning June 2020. Applicants must be available through the summer for a minimum of 40-45 hours per week. The position will conclude early August. Stipend provided. Possibility of housing assistance, for non-local candidates.
Please submit your cover letter/letter of interest, resume and online application at http://www.desmoinesperformingarts.org/discover-des-moines-performing-arts/careers.php. No compressed files, please.
Applications will be reviewed beginning February 17, 2020.
Des Moines Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal law, all personnel actions such as compensation rates, benefits, job changes, company-supported training, educational tuition assistance, screening and interviewing processes will be administered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected class.